Friday 30 January 2009

Films change me...


I've given it some thought,
and I think there are several films take us on a journey.
When the film has come to an end, we're slightly different than before.
Like we've grown in some way...
Here's a list over the films that's "given me something" over the last 4 years.
Into the wild
Lost in translation
Paranoid Park
Marie Antoniette
American history x(contains strong scenes!)
V for Vendetta
That's it, that's all(I was able to watch it in the cinema)

What's your opinion on it?
I'd like to comment on Paranoid Park:
First time I wached it was after a trip to Oslo with my friend.
Bought it, went to her place and wached it with a classmate of ours.
We ended up thinking it was the most pointless and weird film we'd ever seen...
The start was like something taken from youtube.
Of course, we we're 3 youths who needed some fun or action...
And I guess only my female friend and I were interested in skateboarding..

So I ended up leaving the film with her, saying:
"You keep it.. I don't think I want to waste my random time on it.
It's too tiresome and pointless..."

Two days ago, I wached it at home, on our 52'' Sony.
WOW. I was awestruck.

I think it's important to wach the whole film at once. No day-breaks or anything.
And it might be an idea to wach in the evening, perhaps alone as well, or with a skateboard interested friend.
I was really amazed by some of the later scenes. Didn't see them coming...
Not like that. I really reccomend it... Speciallt if you're into some slice of life stuff...;D

You know, afer watching, maybe I'll take the time to read the book as well!
Paranoid park is written by Blake Nelson and takes place in Portland, Oregon (USA).
DO NOT READ THE PLOT AT WIKIPEDIA!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!

No comments: